If your feet have become severely cracked and are not as smooth as they once were, you might want to try using honey to help heal your feet. Honey helps to keep your feet moisturized by sealing in humidity and it also has antibacterial properties. These antibacterial properties help to remove bacteria and heal minor wounds on the feet. If you would like to add honey to your foot care regimen, here are two honey infused recipes that you can try.
Honey, Apple Cider And Lemon Foot Soak
Combining the anti-bacterial properties of honey with the power of lemon will help your feet to feel refreshed. Lemon helps to remove any dead skin cells that may be present on your feet. Apple cider vinegar is added to the recipe because like honey it has strong anti-bacterial properties. Here are the ingredients and equipment you will need:
- half a cup of honey
- two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- one lemon that has been sliced
- wooden spoon
- large container
Use this method to combine the ingredients:
- Fill a large container with some warm water.
- Pour in the honey and the vinegar.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir vigorously.
- Throw in the lemon slices.
- Find a comfortable chair or sofa to sit in and soak your feet for twenty minutes.
- Dry your feet thoroughly.
Your feet should be feeling rejuvenated. You can repeat this treatment every other day until you get the desired results.
Honey and Sugar
Honey and sugar can be combined to create a foot scrub that will remove dead skin cells and have leave your feet feeling smooth. Coconut oil is added to this recipe because of its ability to moisturize. Here is what you will need to have on hand to create and use the scrub.
- two tablespoon of honey
- a quarter cup of dark brown sugar
- two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- a wooden spoon
- a large bowl
Combine all the ingredients in the following ways:
- Use the large bowl to combine all the ingredients together.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly with the wooden spoon.
- Massage the scrub into your feet.
- Rinse of your feet with warm water and dry them off with a towel.
Both recipes can be used on their own or you can use them together. If you use them together it is recommended that you use the foot soak first and then use the scrub afterwards for the best results. If these treatments don't help, talk to your podiatrist (like those at Advanced Foot Clinic).